Charity Challenge (open)TBD
10:00am-4:00pm; lunch available for purchase at the club
Chair: Carol Jones
Participant release form
Curl for a cause - raise funds for your favorite charity and awareness for your organization. Gather up four or more friends, co-workers or relatives to compete in this great event. Pick a charity of your choice and raise donations. Then come down and curl! Teams get points for dollars raised and rocks scored; the team with the highest total gets bragging rights and keeps the trophy for a year (sorry, like the Stanley Cup you must bring it back). Seasoned curlers coach (and still get your name on the trophy when your team wins).
The Charity Challenge:
- is for non-curlers. At least 3 members of the 4 person team must be non-curlers. One person may have up to one year experience
- is an exciting fund raiser
- is winter sport at its best
- welcomes spectators. Bring signs and cheer for your favorite team!
The 17th Annual Charity Curling Classic sponsored by Biogenic Dental Corporation and Sew What was held Saturday, March 7th and attended by teams Raising $1,235 for 4 charities.
Thank yous go out to the teams that participated:
- Team "Stonecutters" representing the charity National Multiple Sclerosis Society, coached by Vickie Sheardown and Dawn Scherer.
- Best Curling Prowess with highest curling points scored went to Team "If You're Not First You're Last" raising money for the Utica Curling Club and coached by Anne Stuhlman and Tim Conboy
- Highest Fund Raising Honors went to Team "3 Chicks and a Dude", raising the most funds for the Children's Miracle Network, coached by Dan Reed and Steve Gorrell.
- This year's Grand Champions with the highest combined points from money raised and curling score are "The Fourth Street Fritters", raising money for the St Therese Food Pantry. Team members were Anna Baluha, skip; Steve Baluha, vice; Chris Tremblay, second; and Frank Touart, lead. Coaches Brenda and Phil Citriniti.
Thank you to sponsors, coaches, ice crew, and staff for introducing people to the sport of curling while helping worthwhile causes in the community!