Cobb Mixed Bonspiel (mixed)Thursday-Sunday, February 20-23, 2014
Chair: Conrad and Knyoca Law
Information and Entry Form
Participant release form
An international bonspiel with extensive social activities for out-of-town teams and selected Utica teams (based on performance in the Mixed Championship). There are six medal events and a 4-game guarantee. Trophy presentations: President's Cup, winner of the first event; Curler's Cooler, runner-up of the first event; Silver Tassie, winner of the second event; The Ice Box, winner of the third event; and Friendship Trophy, winner of the fourth event.
LodgingHampton Inn (5 minutes)
201 Woods Park Drive, New Hartford
Mention Utica Curling Club for rate of $105 per night (includes breakfast)
About the hotel(external link)
Holiday Inn Utica (7 minutes)
1777 Burrstone Rd, New Hartford
Mention Utica Curling Club for rate of $69 per night
About the hotel(external link)
Ramada Inn (7 minutes)
141 New Hartford St, New Hartford
Mention Utica Curling Club for $67 per night
About the hotel (external link)
2011 Cobb Rules
Standing Cobb Rules
- This is a competitive bonspiel, with extensive social activities, including out of town teams and selected Utica teams as based on the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP. There are six medal events.
- Any curler who participates as a regular member of a MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP team that accepts a Marie Cobb invitation and fails to play in the event without good cause (I.e. illness, injury, business or death) shall be barred from the MARIE COBB UCC MIXED BONSPIEL for a period of one year.
- Should any skip require any subs, they will be assigned in accordance with the following order of precedence:
- 1 - members of Utica 6 (runner up of second event)
- 2 - members of Utica 7 (runner up of third event)
- 3 - members of Utica 8 (runner up of consolation event)
- If Utica 6, 7, etc are used as teams to fill the bonspiel, subs will come from the next eligible teams.
- Members of the UCC may play as members of other clubs, as long as they have not participated in the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP as either regular team members or substitutes, and make up no more than 50% of the team.
- The order of application receipt shall determine acceptance for out-of-town teams.
- The Marie Cobb Mixed Bonspiel is an invitational event, and the committee reserves the right to decline any invitation that, in its opinion, is not in the best interest of the event
- Trophy presentations:
- President’s Bowl, winner of the first event
- Curler’s Cooler, runner-up of the first event
- Silver Tassie, winner of the second event
- The Ice Box, winner of the third event
- Friendship Trophy, winner of the fourth event
"Get away to it all in Oneida County, Central New York's Getaway Region"
Sat Mar. 22, 2014
A one-day total stones friendly event between Utica and Rochester.
Sun Mar. 23, 2014 06:00 pm
Olympics Curling School Graduation Bonspiel
Bonspiel event for graduates of the Olympics Curling School.
Thu Mar. 27, 2014 05:45 pm
End-of-season mixed bonspiel. Members only. Thu-Sat, Mar 27-29.