Cobb Mixed Bonspiel (mixed)Thursday-Sunday, February 16-19, 2017
An international bonspiel with extensive social activities for out-of-town teams and selected Utica teams (based on performance in the Mixed Championship). There are six medal events and a 4-game guarantee. Trophy presentations: President's Cup, winner of the first event; Curler's Cooler, runner-up of the first event; Silver Tassie, winner of the second event; The Ice Box, winner of the third event; and Friendship Trophy, winner of the fourth event.
ChairsKnyoca & Conrad Law
3 Samoset Dr.
Whitesboro, NY 13492
Information and Entry Form2017 Event entry form not yet released
Participant release form
LodgingHoliday Inn Utica (7 minutes)
1777 Burrstone Rd, New Hartford
2015 Cobb Rules
- This is a competitive bonspiel, with extensive social activities, including out of town teams and selected Utica teams as based on the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP. There are six medal events.
- Any curler who participates as a regular member of a MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP team that accepts a COBB BONSPIEL invitation and fails to play in the event without good cause shall be barred from the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP and COBB BONSPIEL for a period of one year.
- Should any skip require any substitutions on their rink, they will be assigned BY THE EVENT CHAIR in accordance with the following order of precedence:
- Members of Utica 7 (runner up of second event)
- Members of Utica 8 (runner up of third event)
- Members of Utica 9 (runner up of fourth event)
- If Utica 7, 8 etc. are used as teams to fill the bonspiel, subs will come from the next eligible teams. Any eligible substitute that declines and/or is not available to sub will fall into the general substitution pool.
- Members of the UCC may play as members of other clubs, as long as they have not participated in the MIXED CHAMPIONSHIP as either regular team members or substitutes. Fifty percent of the team must be made up of non-UCC members.
- Five or six person teams are allowed, limited to one male and/or one female, but each person must pay the bonspiel entry fee.
- The order of application receipt shall determine acceptance for out of town teams.
- The COBB BONSPIEL is an invitational event, the committee reserves the right to decline any invitation that, in its opinion, is not in the best interest of the event.
- Any disputes and/or situations shall be resolved at the sole discretion of the event chairs.
- Trophy presentations:
- Presidents Bowl- winner of first event
- Curlers Cooler, runner up of first event
- Silver Tassie, winner of the second event
- The Ice Box, winner of the third event
- Friendship Trophy, winner of the fourth event