CrawfordA fun mixed league with 6 end games. Chair(s) create the teams. Winners determined by a playoff between the 5:30-draw teams and 7:30-draw teams with best win/loss records obtained during weekly play.
The Crawford Mixed League was amalgamated into the Kings Cup in the 2014-2015 season.
Teams and Schedule
Previous winners (all events)
Previous Finals: 2014; 2013; 2012; 2011; 2010; 2009; 2008; 2007
Previous Winners2014: Bill Sewell, Michelle MacEnroe, Gary White, Amy White
2013: Diane Caine, Bob Caine (Dale Jones), Pat Mihalko, Mark Crane* (Shirley Hutchinson*)
2012: Bill Sewell, Liz Nolan, Gary White, Sabrina Thibado
2011: Roger Rowlett(Don Knapp), Knyoca Law, Ken Thibado*, Dee Pfohl*
2010: Scott Lent, Heather Swiercz, Travis Carpenter*, Vicki Sheardown*
2009: Chuck Skinner, Marena Taverne, Joe Cosentino, Tom Platt Sr (Liz Nolan)
2008: Dave Mishalanie, Tammy Mishalanie, Pete Sheridan, Kristen Glass
2007: Stu Card, Brenda Card, Jerry Stevens, Phil Alley
2006: Scott Lent, Heather Swiercz, Jerry Stevens, Mary Jane Walsh
2005: Sue Williams, Rich Minutti, Betsy Minutti, Gary Williams
2002: David Palazzoli, Kathy Palazzoli, Rich Minutti, Betsey Minutti
2001: Dave Mishalanie, Donna Caleo, Tamen Williams, Tammy Merrick
*denotes new curler (when known)
- This is the mixed (co-ed) league running in the second half of the year. This is a medal event with the winner determined by a playoff of the two best win/loss totals obtained during weekly league play. Other prizes are at the discretion of the event Chair.
- The format of the finals will be decided by the event Chair, prior to the start of the first game, either;
- By the win/loss record of the top six teams of the first draw vs. the top six teams of the second draw. Or,
- By the win/loss record for the top twelve teams over both draws.
- Games are six ends, with ties played off by an extra end.
- Ties in the standings will be broken based on plus points accumulated during games played and, if required, total number of ends won.
- A maximum of +10 points will be allowed for a win and -10 points for a loss.
- The rule of two men and two women playing alternate positions may be ignored if necessary to permit everyone signing up to participate. Substitutes should be on the same sex and abilities as the regular team member whenever possible. In no case shall any team of four men or four women compete.
- A team is allowed a maximum to two substitutes per games. This limitation and the other general rules on substitution do not apply for players who are away on bonspiels or have an emergency circumstance during league games. However, they do apply during the finals. Under no circumstances can there be 4 subs on one team. Team must schedule a make-up or forfeit.
- Substitutes for all positions must be of equal skill level or less to the player being replaced. Use of the established substitution ranking systems for men and women shall be employed. Any discrepancy will be resolved by the discretion of the event chair(s). Changing the order of players may be allowed to field a legal team with the advanced approval of the event chairs. Let good sportsmanship and curling honor prevail at all times.
- Two players from the original team must be available to avoid a forfeit.
- Points awarded for a forfeit win will be the average of all other winning teams for the evening. Points awarded for a forfeit loss will be the average of all other losing teams for the evening.
- Trophy: The Crawford Trophy by George Crawford 1889, Event Winner.